Our Midwestern roots run deep. Founded in 1974, Lanoha Nurseries is the largest family-owned & operated Nursery & Garden Center in the Midwest. With over 1000 acres in nursery production, our team cultivates, maintains, and installs the largest selection of homegrown trees, shrubs, perennials, and annuals throughout the Metro area. Regardless of project scale, our professional Landscape Design and Construction teams have both the ability and passion to turn your ideas into your ideal outdoor space. Lanoha is an industry leader with nearly 50 years of serving the community. We are seeking career-minded individuals to join our team.
The role of the Retail Greenhouse Lead is to assist the Greenhouse Manager and entry level employees with plant care and sales for annuals, tropicals, and houseplants. The qualified candidate must possess previous work experience in a retail garden center or greenhouse and have strong customer service skills. This position provides a great career ladder opportunity for the qualified horticulture expert.
- Greenhouse experience.
- Plant identification and knowledge of annuals, tropicals, house plants and succulents
- Desire to learn and practice new horticultural approaches
- Retail or customer service industry experience
- Self-motivated team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Reliability and flexibility with schedule – availability to work overtime, evenings, and weekends
- Ability to work in a greenhouse environment, physical workloads and tropical temperatures
- Creative and energetic. Enjoys working a retail Greenhouse with diverse teams and community engagement
- Care for and sales of annuals, tropicals, house plants, and succulents
- Lead by example with excellent customer service and real time resolutions
- Lead by example to support processes including inventory, restocking, and presentation
- Lead by example with positive motivation techniques, team player, and excellent interpersonal skills
- Contribute to process improvement efforts for greenhouse operations and workflows
- Support processes and escalate feedback for product showcasing and merchandising efforts
- Training and mentoring new employees and college interns; Contribute to training strategies
- Cross collaboration with multiple divisional teams for inventory and workflow resolutions
- Participate in and mentor team members to maintain a clean, safe, and well-organized sales space
- Applying and modifying plant sales tags
- Identify and communicate plant health concerns to Greenhouse Manager
What we offer
- Career Ladders and Promotional Opportunities from within
- Potential for Full time / year round employment with full time employment benefits
- Energetic, Focused & Creative Work Environment
- Employee Discount at Retail Garden Center
Lanoha Nurseries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply, fill out the form below. For further questions contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 402.289.4103. Para traducir este formulario a español, por favor haga clic en el botón verde de la esquina inferior derecha de la página.